You already know about Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and you don’t need us to tell you how The Shops At Hilltop are here for your holiday shopping needs this year (yes, even online…check out the websites of all our stores, you may find a great deal). Once you’ve recovered from your turkey and stuffing coma, you can make your list and check it twice before visiting any of our stores. If you’re skittish about Black Friday traffic, though, remember us on Small Business Saturday – a big day for supporting locally-owned and operated boutiques and restaurants in Virginia Beach. Small Business Saturday always falls the Saturday after Thanksgiving. At The Shops at Hilltop, you’ll find many of our stores fit this category. It’s easy to boost a small business. Here are a few ways to do it.
1) Get the family outside! Living in Hampton Roads, we have access to miles of bike trails and beautiful weather for outdoor activities. Gifts from Bike Beat and Whalebone Surf Shop are certain not only to delight a loved one but create awesome memories on the next family outing.
2) Get something delicious! It’s never been easier to find stocking stuffers for the foodies in your life. Pick up some chocolate-covered goodness at Forbes Candies or a gift basket of savory goodies from Savor the Olive or The Creative Wedge.
3) Get something for the kids! Small Business Saturday is a great time to give Santa a helping hand. At Sprout Children’s Boutique and Mom and Me, you’ll find new and gently consigned toys and clothing, perfect to set under the tree. If you’re looking for a gift that encourages activity and sportsmanship, consider gift lessons for the kids to World Champion Tae Kwon Do Martial Arts.
4) Get pretty! Holidays are as stressful as they are fun. Rather than buy physical gifts for loved ones, gift certificates from any of the dozen-plus spas and salons at The Shops At Hilltop are perfect stocking stuffers. Don’t forget to treat yourself to a post-shopping massage or mani-pedi.
5) Get dinner! Turkey leftovers only last so long. Before you start planning the next holiday meal, treat the family to dinner out at El Taco Loco for Mexican or you can also pick up pizza to go from Your Pie or La Vera Pizzeria, or Mediterranean flavors at Azar’s or Baladi Cafe.
Small businesses are the backbone of our local economy, and The Shops at Hilltop are proud to be home to many locally-owned boutiques and eateries. Keep us on your list for Small Business Saturday, and any other day of the year.